Displaying results for "Occupy Love"
That’s the question award-winning documentary filmaker, or “media activist” as he calls himself, Velcrow Ripper is asking with his latest film Occupy Love set to hit theaters next year. The film will trace the Occupy movement from its inception at Wall Street, to the General Strike in Occupy Oakland, to Canada, to movements in Europe and beyond. It’s a timely and transformative project
A description of his film and message reads:
“A profound shift is taking place all over the world. Humanity is waking up to the fact that the current system that dominates the planet is failing to provide us with health, happiness or meaning. The dominant paradigm is based on separation, as exemplified by the financial system, and the corporate emphasis of profits before people.
Our headlong rush towards infinite growth is destroying our communities, our ecology, and threatening our very existence. The climate crisis is hitting us with droughts, extreme weather, floods, sea level rise and more, yet corporate lobbyists block any attempts at mitigation. Unemployment is at an all time high, and the gap between the wealthiest 1% and the remaining 99% is growing alarmingly. People are losing their homes, and the quality of life for the many is plummeting, while the few are raking in absurd profits. Wall Street is making dangerous bets, greed is running rampant, and entire economies are collapsing. Governments have been bought by the corporations, and many of us had lost hope. Until now.
This crisis has become the catalyst for a profound transformation: millions of people are deciding that enough is enough - the time has come to create a new world, a world that works for all life. We have experienced an extraordinary year of change, from the Arab Spring, to the European Summer, and now, erupting into North America: the Occupy Movement.
This is a revolution rooted in compassion, direct democracy, and shared power, as opposed to the “power over” model of the corporate world view. The new story is one of Inter-dependence. Love is the movement. As the Occupy cry goes: “We are unstoppable. Another world is possible!”
So now what can you do?
- Read more about his projects, see picture and video clips at occupylove.org
- Support this film! To compete theatrically and get the film out soon, Occupy Love needs funds for the technical aspects of the film. http://www.indiegogo.com/Occupy-Love
- Join them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/occupylovefilm